Tuesday 4 November 2014

God wants us to prosper...


 "Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant"
 
Yes, He does. He wants us, His children to prosper in everything. See what the Apostle John said  in 3rd John 1:2
  Dear Friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you,even as your soul is getting along well.
 
You see that He does want us to prosper? Not just financially, but physically and most importantly, He wants our souls to prosper so that we can make heaven.
Isn't that the final destination we are hoping and working towards reaching?
As a Christian, my ultimate goal is to make heaven oh, I do not know about you but for me, the race must be won, I must make it to heaven. See, this my fine skin? I cannot afford for it to burn for eternity. Mba.
The other day, steam from water I boiled touched me and the pain made me rededicate my life to Christ. If just steam can do that, what will fire itself do? So yeah, I most definately want to make heaven.

It gladens my heart that God Himself is worried about the prosperity of my soul. Well, He created me and He has great plans for me right? Remember what He said in Jeremiah 29:11?

So why would he leave me to perish? No father would readily choose to watch his child end up badly.
But we have our roles to play. We have to go in the way of the Lord. We have to worship Him, Praise Him and live our lives for Him. I know in this world now, it seems like a hard task but it can be done. He looks after us, He desires for us to prosper....He wants us to enjoy here on earth and for the enjoyment to continue when we get heaven.

John 10:10 tells us that Jesus came to give you abundant life....not lack.
He takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants...Psalm 35:27
He wants us blessed so we can finance the gospel and establish His covenant... Deuteronomy 8:18
He wants us honoring Him through our financial success....Proverbs 3:9-10
He wants us to be consistent tithers and givers to fund His local church and ministry outreaches...Malachi 3:10
He wants us to care for the poor, the widows and the orphans....Proverbs 19:17
He wants us to be the head not the tail...Deuteronomy 28:10-13

These are just a few reasons why He wants us to prosper financially....For His sake, for His glory, so we can reach out to His people. You see how it really isn't about us but we get to benefit from it all...

Isn't my God  awesome? Why will I not love Him and desire to work with Him?  He wants us to proper financially that we may honor Him through our financial success.

So let us get ready for prosperity and as we prosper financially, let us not forget to to work towards the prosperity of our souls because that should be the most important form of prosperity for us as Christians.
selah
xxo



8 comments:

  1. Hiya mami....So I got your email...thanks alot mamacita....and I can totally relate to your post mami...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya... Thanks for dropping by., *kisses *

      Delete
  2. He definitely wants us to prosper - For I know the plans that I have towards you, plans to prosper you and not of evil (Jeremiah 29:11). May you prosper IJN, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible... Amen dear.

      Delete
  3. I agree. Gods plan is for us to prosper on all fronts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we will prosper by His grace. How are you doing dear?

      Delete
    2. And we will prosper by His grace. How are you doing dear?

      Delete