Tuesday 7 October 2014

Back to the Buj!!



Yes! I am back to the Abuja!!!
I was in Calabar to visit my aunty and take care of some bidness (you know what I mean?). I had a really great time with my little cousins, my aunt is a big big blessing to me and I am so lucky to have her in my life. 

So I was sitting in the plane, forming sleep because I didn’t want the guy beside me to disturb me as per fine girl. Seriously though, he had actually started talking plenty and I just was not in the mood. I heard the food trolley pass by. I was glad in my spirit as I had not eaten anything all day. 

I began to plan what I’d take. I rehearsed how I’d say “water please” even when there will be all those other stuff…. you know the whole healthy lifestyle thing right? Well, the trolley came, the host(?) just handed me half a cuppa’a water! Yes, those tiny disposable cups oh!  I almost said no bros, I want coke but I decided to look at the trolley to really make a decision. That’s how I saw that they had just water to serve us. Like really? Just water? Arik air, really?! And there was a dry slice of cake. *rme* Next time I will just enter cross lines and know that I will only be getting water.

Ehen, that’s that about the flight. I got to Calabar and I was eager to come on here and gist you guys all about the wickedness of Arik and my phone wouldn’t even behave…no, it wasn’t my phone, the network there was terrible! Kilode? It was almost impossible to check my blog. I made sure I kept trying to check other blogs but for where? So I gave up on my 2nd day there. Beautiful eagle, how do you do it?!

Ehen, then it was sallah day and I sat patiently waiting for the good muslim brothers and sisters to bring meat ba? Hmmmm at about 5pm, I began to realize what a mistake coming to Calabar for sallah was. It occurred to me that all the Northerners and other muslims there must have traveled ‘home’ for sallah. I almost wept thinking to myself “so this is how I won’t see meat to eat this sallah ehn?” And that is how Saturday rolled by, no sallah meat for me. Plenty heart break for me.

Well, the Good Lord saw my heart and how badly I wanted sallah meat and by Sunday evening, I heard the sweetest voice say “salama allaikum”, I smiled because I knew it was here. Yes! I finally got sallah meat….*skelewus* no scratch that. I do not skelewu. But mhen, my joy knew no bounds. 

I did not really go anywhere, I was indoors most of the time. I did make it to the suya joint a lot though. Good thing the aunty and all her kids are just like me in that aspect. My maternal family members can eat meat for Africa!

So anyway, I am back to the Buj, I have missed y’alls. I have missed being here…..And yea, if you still have sallah meat, I am very available to come chop.

A big thank you to all of you kept visiting even when I had nothing up for you....Let us blame the internet providers in Calabar ehn?
Please keep coming oh, I appreciate y'all real big.
xxo

 


23 comments:

  1. Hey! welcome back Vira.
    Thank God you got salla meat oh, It wouldnt have been funny.
    Thank God you are back safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oh, thank God I finally got...
      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. so after all the suya joint visit, you still wanted sallha meat that bad?
    kai madam.
    welcome back.
    those airlines ehn? They couldnt even give you a whole bottle to drown your sorrows in?
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! When next in a plane cut down ur expectations ko?! And welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such carnivorous behavior! Meanwhile u shld be grateful they didn't sell groundnut to u eg an airline that sounds like fero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I refused to buy anything on that one oh, till they stopped selling their N300 meat pie. Just imagine!

      Delete
  5. Pls wait I don't knw if I'm allowed to vent on someone else's blog but I just had my own airline experience.
    First of all I'm a "wide person" so I get to talk abt wide ppl anyhow I like(grrrr).
    We all know that the aisles on planes are quite narrow.. so ejoor why do airlines use flight attendants with 50inch hips(like mine)? So they can keep knocking u out of your seat when they pass? Put their butt in your face? I really don't get it. Ah'ah on of them nearly dislocated my shoulder with her hips. The guy accross the aisle had to mutter auzoobillahi wen she backed him and bent over to adjust someone's chair. Na wa o!.......okay I'm all vented out. welcome back Vira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!! You are welcome to vent on here anytime!
      ehen, about those 50inch hips....we shall look into the matter.
      The guy did not want to see anything that would cause him problems ni...lol
      Thank you for welcoming me back.

      Delete
  6. At least u got to eat Sallah meat. *sigh*

    Welcome back, Vira! \\(^-^)//

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ehen! I so wondered y u were MIA 4. awhile. Cos I thot wit d plenty spare tym u had,u wud spice our sallah break wit plenty jist! Glad 2 have u bak wit ur kodeyi aka longthroat,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ehen! I so wondered y u were MIA 4. awhile. Cos I thot wit d plenty spare tym u had,u wud spice our sallah break wit plenty jist! Glad 2 have u bak wit ur kodeyi aka longthroat,lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, let us keep blaming Calabar for that abeg.
      glad to be back with my longthroat.

      Delete
  9. Welcome. Maybe Arik too wanted to join in the healthy lifestyle something. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ore mi, but you know the healthy thing na for my head na....Did I beg them ni? shoo?

      Delete
  10. Welcome back glad u had fun in Cali...

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back been wondering you have been awol

    ReplyDelete
  12. lmaooooo, oh Vira kpele eh......My dear those meat sellers did not try at all....I went to buy suya thinking since it's sallah i will get a big bowl of meat......lol
    Mehn they shamed me with tiny things like this and the Mallam told me if you don't want to buy abeg chop the free meat and go......so it's true that the generous meat sellers traveled to their villages....haha
    For Network issues call me whenever you come around and i'll hook you up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes oh! They have all travelled. I went to bogobiri all the way from federal housing if you see 1k suya, you will cry. Kai! They did not try.
      I could not even get to your blog to get your contact addy, I will definitely get it before my next trip.
      Vira

      Delete
  13. you've been tagged check here http://thediaryofmsalmondeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya mami....Welcome back.... **waves**

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehehe It is well oh.. So you went to be forming Sleep so a brother will not Toast you Ba??? Diarisgodoooo

    ReplyDelete
  16. JOIN www.nairastar.com


    www.nairastar.com

    www.enyinnayaemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete